How to update Parent Issue ID during CSV Import

Jignesh Jaiswal March 5, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Importing data from CSV

How to update Parent Issue ID during CSV Import?

I am able to map the relation of sub-tasks to parent tasks, but i also need to update the field "Parent Issue Id" in sub-tasks with Parent/EPIC JIRA ID.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2017

The parent of a sub-task is not a field, it's a structural item displaying the parent issue.  From memory, it can't be changed by CSV import - you need to "move" the issue to a different parent, not just change it.

Epic is different again - for a sub-task, it's irrelevant, as a sub-task always belongs to a parent, which then belongs to an Epic.  I think csv can update the "epic link" field on parents with CSV, but I'm not 100% sure.

Jignesh Jaiswal March 6, 2017

Okay, i Will check regarding the Epic Link import. At least it is not mentioned in the CSV import https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/importing-data-from-csv-861253680.

Suggest an answer