How to undo a restriction

Deleted user May 8, 2014

When I first set up our Jira, I made it so only one group could change the due date on certain issue types. However, I want to change this but I can't remember how I did it and need to change it back. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 8, 2014

I found the answer within the transition properties.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

Look in the permission scheme for the project. You'll find a line that says who can "schedule" issues.

Deleted user May 8, 2014

We are using the default permission scheme for all projects and this hasn't been changed. It is also across more than one project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

Doesn't matter if it hasn't changed, the permission for "schedule" is what controls who can change the due date.

You need to know that before you can look into changing it.

There's several ways you might be controlling this, but we have to look at the permission scheme to start to unpick what you're doing (even if it's in a transition, you're still going to need that permission)

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2014

Hi Hannah,

Where can this group change the due date? Is it during a transition in your workflow? Then the permission might be on who can do this transition (you can see this in the transition screen of your worklow).

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events