How to turn-off email reply feature from the recipients in JIRA

Shiv Prabhakar January 24, 2017

I noticed that someone can reply to a JIRA email notification.  The good news is that the reply is posted in the comments of the JIRA issue.  The bad news is that the header, the "attachments" i.e. picture an url links, along with the JIRA message ALL get posted back into JIRA.  This is a lot of "noise" now documented in the JIRA cased.

Is there anything that can be done to only post the content of the main body of the email?  Or if not, can this feature be turned off?

Please note, this feature we need specific to a project only not as a global update.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017

I don't know if the 'ignore logo' as attachment will every be resolved but here is one ticket open for this - JSD-2090

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017

Currently it is not OOTB possible to remove signature attachments. For JIRA images in singatures are still images and the rule is that all images become attachments in JIRA after converting email to issue/comment.

As for context it is possible. You just need to use specific mail handler and use a regex that will strip the content correctly. Check this KB:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-strip-the-old-reply-data-from-incoming-email-when-using-outlook-223218415.html

Suggest an answer