How to turn Vote in JIRA service Desk?

Weihua Li April 3, 2015

How to config Service Desk to allow customer to vote the issue?

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2015

Unfortunately it's not possible to vote on an issue on customer portal interface, although, there is an improvement request open for this matter. Please find it below. We strongly suggest you to vote on this request in order to expedite its resolution.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1743

Cheers

L.F

1 vote
Geoffrey Rodgers March 10, 2017

Until JSD-1743 is resolved, one work-around is to configure the "Introduction text" in Portal Settings and add a hyperlink to a kanban board where users can see the full list of issues and vote on them there. I did this in setting up our idea portal, and I think I like it even better than Service Desk's functionality to let users search for issues created by other people; it actually makes it easier to filter to just the issue type you want them to see. In setting up the kanban board, I just put all statuses in a single column (which prevents drag-n-drop status changing), and I ordered the list by the number of votes.

1 vote
Shawn Ashmore April 3, 2015

Thank you for quick response.

I have not change default setting.

Allow users to vote on issuesON

I still not able to vote in customer portal. My Service Desk version is 2.3.3

0 votes
Kristian Thomsen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

We as an Atlassian Solution Partner have developed an add-on to cover this use case. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221630/feedback-and-voting-for-jsd?hosting=server&tab=overview

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Hi @Kristian Thomsen ,

do you have plans to realize this for Cloud as well?

greetings Marco

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2015

Hi Weihua!

Voting is turned on for all issues by default and can be controlled by customizing JIRA options. Check if this setting is enabled on your instance.

--

Cheers!

Joao

Steve December 14, 2018

The link you provided goes to a 404. Is there an update link you can provide?

Suggest an answer