How to trigger server side Java code on change of a select list custom field?

Avimanyu Chakraborty August 21, 2012

Hi,

I am using the JIRA plugin and have added a custom field of type GenericTextCFType which is a select list added to the Default Screen. I have chosen GenericTextCFType since I am using JIRA API 5.1.3 and unable to find SelectCFType class in this version.

In the 'Create Issue' screen, when I change the value of this select drop-down, I would like to trigger my custom Java code to populate another text field on the same screen.

Can you please let me know how to go forward with this? I am quite new with the JIRA plugin development, hence might have missed something obvious.

Thanks in Advance,

Avimanyu.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2012

Hi, SelectCFType definitely exists here http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/index.html?com/atlassian/jira/webtests/CustomFieldValue.html.

I believe the best way to populate 1 field based on another field is via Javascript. Depending on the value of a field you need, get it to the change the value of your other field.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer