How to trigger script on some action?

Hemal Kumar November 4, 2013

Hello, I am trying to automate task in Jira, where if approver approves some request, I want to call script (which does export assignee name in excel file). very new to Jira so step by step answer would be highly appreciated. Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Frankly that looks like a bad idea.

You can always use the famous script runner and add a post function (which is nothing but java code) and do whatever you want. Generating an excel file will be tricky.

If you can lets us know what you end goal is, we might be able to help.

Hemal Kumar November 5, 2013

Hi Renjith, Thanks for your reply. I am trying to automate one of our process , where we remove all user access from TFS release branch after certain date. After that if developer requires access on that TFS branch, he/she requires to raise Jira ticket. This ticket this appoved by configuration manager in Jira and after that someone manually add that developer back again in TFS - project branch.

What I want to achieve is as soon as manager approves the Jira request, automatically that user should have been added to TFS. I have Powershell function script ready which takes username and add to TFS branch, but I am trying to figure out when it should get called and with what user. So what I am looking for is somehow Jira passes user which got approved and call powershell function by passing it as parameter.

I hope I am making sense now.

Regads,

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Ah that makes sense. But where is Excel coming into picture here? You just need to call the powershell script which deals with TFS, right?

0 votes
Hemal Kumar November 12, 2013

Yes thats correct, I said excel because I have Powershell script ready which reads username from excel file and updates in TFS. If it can be done without excel then also its ok,

Suggest an answer