How to trigger a webhook when an issue is moved to a specific project ?

Thomas Papougnot May 11, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to trigger a webhook with only one condition : when a ticket is moved from any project to a specific one (new_project). 

I tested several configurations, JQL mixed with related events, but nothing works. 

The MOVE is an action not a transition, I could use project name, project key or workflow to specify the change. 

Something like 

- JQL : project CHANGED TO new_project 

- Event : issue updated

Is there a way to configure this trigger ? Thanks a lot for your help.

Thomas

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2018

Hi Thomas,

From what I read, Jira server alerts in Slack only work on status changes.  So if the update doesn't also change the status of the issue, it's a no go.

:-(

0 votes
Peter Duffy Obel June 12, 2020

While Jira does not natively support this feature, it it quite simple to setup using something like https://www.integromat.com/ 

We have created a webhook listener for Jira "Watch Issues" that filters with the JQL Result = Done. This triggers the webhook everytime an issue changes that is Done. However this also triggers the webhook when you i.e. change the title of a Done issue. This can be resolved by making a filter immediately after the trigger in Integromat that filters only if the changelog includes the status field
integromat slack.png

In the specific case we did: When ever an issue is Done we post a message in slack that says: Woohoo the "issue" is done by "the developer" and then a new message in the thread with a Giphy success image

0 votes
Thomas Papougnot October 12, 2018

Thank you Susan. 

Indeed, still no solution to detect a ticket moved or a specific field update (eg. if a priority is updated to blocker). The purpose was to build an alert system triggered by some ticket's changes, but these cases can't be handled and some holes persist in the system...

Travis Alexander [Empyra] October 4, 2022

To the contrary, something like this would work as JQL in your Webhook settings:

("Impact Area" not in (Test) AND ((created >= -1m AND priority = "Blocker (Sev 1)") OR priority changed TO "Blocker (Sev 1)" AFTER -1m))

Suggest an answer