Is there a way to trigger a transition in the parent issue when ALL sub-tasks are resolved.
I added a post function in the sub-task workflow to trigger the transition 931 ( let's say) over the resolve step.
Then went to the parent workflow and edited transition 931 with a sub-task blocking condition. Just to make sure that the transition happens only when all Sub-tasks are resolved.
It doesn't work as I expect.
Any idea ? I use jira 5.1.3.
There is an excellent free plugin called script runner that will do this task.
Without a plugin or writing your own code, no.
I can understand your concern about installing plugins because it makes things harder to upgrade, could add instability and adds more complexity, but Jira is designed to be extended so not all features will be in Jira by default. I took some plugins off my environment for some of these reasons.
This is one of the few plugins I think you should consider using after doing your own homework.
1) How long has the plugin been around and being maintained?
2) Does the plugin author respond to issues found in his plugin?
3) How many users have downloaded it and what they say about the plugin?
4) How active is the plugin author involved in the Atlassian ecosystem (or Jira itself)?
5) Does the plugin solve your immediate issue and provide potential future solutions?
6) Is the cost of the plugin worth the functionality it provides?
7) Whatever other questions, I should have asked but could not think of at this time.
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot