How to trigger a notification when a dependent issue is resolved

Matt Mace May 4, 2016

I would like to receive an email notification when a dependent issue in another project is resolved. I can create a filter to identify all dependent issues in other projects but how do I get an email when that happens for just those dependent issues and not any issue being resolved in those projects?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

If you have a filter then you can run that filter and use the Bulk Change feature to watch all of those issues. This is not perfect as it means either accepting that you get all the notifications that every other watcher would get.

Alternatively, you could modify your filter to show only those issues resolved in the last X hours, and then subscribe to that filter. Set the filter subscription parameters to run every X hours and you should receive notifications when the results of that filter changes.

Matt Mace May 5, 2016

How could Bulk Change be used to watch those issues?

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

When you do a bulk change, you select the operation you want to apply - one of those operations is Watch Issues.

Suggest an answer