How to translate options of a custom specific field

Juliane Di Lascio April 23, 2015

We created a new field (customer specific) : Select list with simple choice.

The name of the field we translated in the needed languages, but the created option values we did not translate until yet. Where we can translate them? Is it possible to translate the option values?

3 answers

3 votes
Helene Lund Engebø February 15, 2016

A bit late, but answering nonetheless.

I don't think it's possible, unfortunately. 

At least we haven't found a way to do it - and we opened https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40049 for this particular case. 

If you've found a way to do this since the question was posted, please share; if not, please vote for this issue smile

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

But it does not work with the custom field types that Jira provides :(

Devoog admin September 18, 2017

Sorry Martin, as I told you on issue JIRASERVER-40049 we are working on this.

Sascha Ziemann January 8, 2021

Three years later and nothing happened.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2015

Hello Juliane,

JIRA does not have a 100% translation. You can check it here.

You can also use this plugin that will help you with your question.

Juliane Di Lascio April 23, 2015

I am searching if there is the possibility to translate the option-values I created by myself. I do not need any translation-tool and I don't want to translate any JIRA special text - it is a custom specific field which I have created with some option-value for selection. And I don't know if I am able to translate these options. Thanks for your answer!

Suggest an answer