How to transition an issue when comment is added

Aurelie Pilette June 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Advanced workflow configuration

Hello,

I have a workflow with the status : Additionnal information.

I would like to know if it is possible that the issue becomes proposed automatically when a comment is added.

if it is possible : how ?

Thanks forr your response

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2016

Hi Aurélie Pilette,

You can do it.

Step by step:

1. Click on project settings
  2. Click on Automation
  3. Click on Add rule
  4. Select Transition on comment

image2016-6-18 17:44:31.png

1. Setup an automation like this:
WHEN Comment is added to an issue
IF Issue matches: Comment is public AND User is a customer
THEN Transition issue: Additional Information

Best Regards,

Lameck

Aurelie Pilette June 21, 2016

I try your solution but when I make this, it doesn't work.

Deleted user July 23, 2020

@Meck Would you know how to set up the condition for Comment is Public using Automation for JIRA.?

0 votes
Michele_Lucchese April 5, 2020

Dear everyone,

I hope this can help someone. In my case our service desk can select the status "waiting for customer" in the workflow and as soon as the customer comments the issue the status return to "work in progress":

Annotazione 2020-04-05 103738.png

Saurabh_Lakshman April 30, 2020

@Michele_Lucchese 

Hi Michele, 

I don't see the "initiator" when I try to set it up. Did you do something different to set that up?

I am facing the issue whereby status is transitioning even when the comment is from automated service desk alert.

I'd like the status to change only when the comment is created by the reporter. 

Any ideas regarding this?

Michele_Lucchese May 2, 2020

Hi Saurabh,

it's called user condition:

Annotazione 2020-05-02 091244.png

You should find it in the standard options.

Regards.

Like Saurabh_Lakshman likes this
Saurabh_Lakshman May 3, 2020

Thank you! That was helpful.

0 votes
Aurelie Pilette June 17, 2016

Because my problem is linked to the service desk.

A customer can't transition issue by the portal of the service desk.

He can only add comment or screenshot.

That's why I would like to know if there is a way to make that.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2016

I see your problem, but I don't believe there is a solution in the cloud

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2016

Unfortunately, it's not possible use a button at customer portal to do it. You need use comment and automation rule. :/  

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2016

Being in the cloud you can't do listeners so I don't believe there is a way to capture that. You might want to rethink transitioning when any comment is added, it could be anything including someone commenting on the wrong issue. Why not just let them transition it to the new status with a transition screen for comment? That is what you are proposing in effect.

Suggest an answer