How to track tickets moved from/into project ?

I have a project and I need to track which tickets are moved out of it during the week for example.

There is no 'was in' operator for PROJECT field.

The same question is how to track tickets which currently have my project but had another one week ago.

I spend a lot of time looking for this functionality in JQL.

Thanks for any help.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Timothy Chin Community Champion Sep 07, 2014

You might not find it in the JQL. I know that it should be possible at least as JIRA still knows how to send you to the new issue key if you visit the old issue. Store in the DB perhaps? Change history tables?

It's definitely in the history, you can see the key change from ABC-123 to XYZ-456, but no, there's no "was" function for project unfortunately.

Thanks, I see that it is not possible to do it using JQL. Does someone had a chance to solve this problem using direct access to MySQL ? Since "change project moment" is in the history , it should be possible to extract it .

I'd avoid reading the database - there's good reasons it's abstracted. But if you happened to read the tables changeitem (for the record "key") and changegroup (for issue id, author, and date/time) you'll find what you need.

I took a look into the DB , looks like it is possible to get this info using tricky, having many JOINs SQL. There are 3 tables containing necessary data:  changegroup, changeitem and jiraissue.

Still would like to avoid direct access to DB (thanks for comment Nic)

Does anyone had experience with this plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.j-tricks.jql-plugin ?

movedIssues() and recentProjects() functions.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

578 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you