How to track dates promised using JIRA

Jonathan Blackburn April 15, 2013

I want to be able to track dates that I have promised a certain feature to a customer (or group of customers).

Is anything like this available as a plugin perhaps? (Or is this something that calls for a custom field?)

Any tips, tricks, best practices would be appreciated!

(Another question that is likely NOT related, but I will post anyway - just in case - how could we track "target markets" for a specific feature in JIRA, as well.)

Both of these questions are definitely more for the "product/business side" of things in regard to prioritizing and evaluating new requirements. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

You could use a labels custom field to add one or more customers/stakeholders of a feature to an issue and use a date custom field to save the (earliest) promised date. Maybe this helps.

Henning

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Have you checked out Service Level Agreements in JIRA plugin?

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2013

Hi Jonathan

Perhaps this documentation might able to gives you recommendation on which time tracking plugin in JIRA you could use for your feature request: Using JIRA For Time Tracking

Hope it helps!

Cheers :)

Suggest an answer