How to track all changes and states of issues in the past (perform tracking records) for business purposes?

Anna Pedakhovskaya July 3, 2012

Hi guys,

we are going to use JIRA+Greenhopper as for business analyse as well for scrum-process.

In general words we want to track all changes and issues states in order to gather information for economical and business analyze.

Let me list 2 examples below:

1. We have sprint #1 done. We need to compare estimated time and logged time for each story. I see that values definitely are stored in database but don't see a rational way how to compare them in graphical view (for example in Gantt chart). I clearly understand that I can look through all stories and sub-tasks and gather information manually in Excel file but I really need have this feature automated.

2. I need a tool that allows me to check what was done by specific team-member in particular day (in the past or today, doesn't matter). As I know the main JIRA's idea is to have all info up-to-date but as I said earlier we need to customize it so that analyse our status in the past too.

Does anybody know any solutions\plugins\combinations of plugins that are able to help me to achieve my goals?

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2012

I suspect the timesheet plugins will help you answer the first question, and definitely answer the second! As you say, the data is all there, but not readily reportable. Type "timesheet" into the marketplace and skim the descriptions - I'm not sure which one to actually recommend, but there's at least two that will help you!

Suggest an answer