How to synchronize two Jira instances

John Macmillan March 27, 2013

Is there a way to sync an OnDemand Jira instance with a local one? We have 2 instances of Jira and we would like to have 1 project synced between them automatically everytime someone makes a change. I tried searching for a solution but I didn't find anything decent in terms of difficulty (scripting the entire process is way too much effort).

4 answers

3 votes
roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2017

Hi John,

Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA allows you to synchronize issues between projects or instances of JIRA. The add-on offers complicated configuration set up done through a minimal and easy-to-understand UI. Feel free to try it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Roman. 

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

And for completeness I've also just implemented Sync Agent for JIRA, that provides a 2 way issue update/replication solution for stand-alone JIRA's. It uses email as a transport and JEMH for email content processing. It solves that touch subject of direct access through firewalls. Its oh-so nearly released, details at https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSA/ . Would be interested in a proof-of-concept...

Gustavo Rivera April 8, 2013

Read the wiki on JEMH-Sync, looks promising, we have independent dev/qa labs in North and South America that I would like to sync, let me know if you need a beta-tester.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

Hi Gustavo, sure thing, its a niche requirement, so a touch of real world requirements would be appreciated, it should be good to go in a couple of days! I'll announce releases on https://getsatisfaction.com/thepluginpeople if you signup, you'll know when its available.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2013

Have a look at ConnectAll. We have done this usecase.

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2013

Hi John,

I think this can be done by link a self-hosted JIRA instance to JIRA OnDemand with OAuth applinks, please see the example of document for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Application+Links+Quick+Start+Guide

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer