How to synchronise only users from specific LDAP group?

Bořek Zelinka December 12, 2014

I have LDAP with approx. 50k active users. I need to synchronise with JIRA only those LDAP users which are part of designated JIRA_users group.
Even as I try to specify group filter to groups with JIRA in name. When I try to configure the LDAP user directory, the synchronization take whole 50k users to synch with JIRA.
Is there some specific way how to format the filter query from JIRA user diresctories configuration screens to set only those in selected group to by synchronized?

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014

This is actually from Confluence, but the concept should be the same in JIRA. In your User Object Filter you need to do something like this. Replace the {distinguishedName of LDAP group} with your LDAP group.

(&(objectCategory=Person)(memberOf={distinguishedName of LDAP group}))

image2014-12-12 8:35:10.png

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014

Suggest an answer