How to switch "Visual" and "Text" model by keyboard, when we edit text type field Edited

Our JIRA upgraded from 6.4.4 to 7.3.8 recently, when we add a comment on a ticket, there has "Text" and "Visual" model, I want to know is there any way to switch these two model by key board?

Thanks

Bin

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

There is no predefined shortcut key for that. On a mac (not sure if this will work the same on windows) I managed to get there using the following fun sequence:

• press "," (jump to field for editing)
  • Select the Description field
  • Press [alt]+[tab] (in my case, this selected 'text' mode)
  • Press [alt]+[tab] again (to select 'visual' mode)
  • Press [enter] to select

To do the reverse, it seemed that following the first 3 steps and then pressing [enter] worked as well.

I am not convinced that this is more effective than using a mouse or a touchpad, but it was fun to investigate :-)

Thanks for your help, but it's invalid for us.

We have checked, we can switch "Text" model to "Visual" model by press "Tab" or "Shift+Tab", but we can't switch the model from "Visual" to "Text".

Anyway, thanks for your kindly help again.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 12 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

39 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you