How to supress output of user-macro rendering/appearing when Export to PDF

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Hi

I've created a user-macro (in essence a page header) that renders page information and some rudimentary on page navigation i.e. hyperlinks to any headings on the page (leveraging the TOC macro). I've found this works really well when the pages are used in a browser, but looks odd/out of place when these pages are printed to PDF.

Ideally, I'd like to suppress any output from the user-macro when the page is output to PDF.

Can anyone suggest an approach that might be able to accomplish this? I'm wondering whether PDF stylesheet can accomplish this - but having never used them I'm unsure how to proceed or even if this is a suitable place to start researching further.

All advice / insight welcomed.

Thanks!

Gavin.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Looks like i didn't dig deep enough in the excellent Confluence documentation. My exact requirement is captured here, which details how to create a user macro "NoPrint" and then goes on to outline how to modift the PDF Stylesheet to supress the printing of anything inside the NoPrint macro.

Many thanks to Atlassian!

Suggest an answer