How to subscribe filter which sends me an email with attachment ?

Areik Khan June 6, 2013

Hi i would like to know whether we can subscribe a filter which can send me the list of issues based on the filter with an attachment in XLS format .....

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2013

The email functions in Jira do not support the sending of attachments (yet), so the answer is "no"

Unless you find or write something to do it for you, of course. I do not remember seeing any plugins for this specifically, but there's no harm in looking.

0 votes
Areik Khan June 6, 2013

Mathew,

yes you are right i am looking for something #1 .....!!!!!!!

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

Areik,

your question title is different to your question....

1. Your title question reads as if you want to add an attachment to an email sent by Jira

2. Your question body seems to ask about a JQL function that returns issues with an attachment of XLS format (presumably based on a file extension of .xls)

Which is the main question?

because I know a way to get close to an answer for #1 but not #2 and I don't want to be answering a question you don't expect (again)

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

Hello Areik,

Just to add on to what Nic said, yes, currently it is not possible to add attachments in email notifications. However, there has been a New Feature request regarding this issue which was raised here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6207

I highly recommend you to vote for the issue and watch it to get any updates of possible work-around to achieve this.

I hope that helps.

Areik Khan June 6, 2013

@ala Al-Shargabi - Yup i just gave vote for the issue....

Just for my information - How many votes are required to consider and take this up as a new feauture in the upcoming builds any idea ???

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2013

The votes are used as guidance, there's no threshold on "we'll do this if we get enough votes".

Have a look at what Atlassian say about how they decide what to implement next https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy (although it was down when I clicked on it, hopefully it'll be back soon)

0 votes
imran ahmed June 6, 2013

Ariek , same issue has been rised in jira

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33418

Suggest an answer