How to store automatic testing results to Jira issues?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

Currently I have a test automation suite that is executed for each build and that does add comments to tickets with the results of the testing (passed/failed).

The problem is that these tests are executed for several branches (4-5) and the number of comments added to the ticket and are mixed with normal commenting.

People asked if we can move them somewhere else, so it's easier for them to read the comments.

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

CLI Plugin for Bamboo can be used in your build to update a JIRA custom field in your issue, but I don't know how you could get the test count into a bamboo variable or similar so that the JIRA CLI task can use it for the update. Unless there is some other way of doing this, would need an enhancement request to add the support.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

The question has nothing to do with Bamboo, it asks only about how to properly store and display this information inside jira view issue page.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

My bad, when you mentioned build I jumped to thinking Bamboo build :(.

Suggest an answer