How to stop service desk notifications for one user

Natalie Smith October 20, 2016

I have been trying to adjust the notifications one of our customer gets as it is filling their inbox. Is it possible to just change it for one customer? I found an article about going into project settings, but I cannot see a customer notifications option as suggested in the article.

5 answers

2 votes
Dirk Schaare October 25, 2019

Hi,

i think the biggest problem with customer notifications is that you cannot exclude specific customers or groups from notifications in Jira Service Desk.

We have monitoring tools delivering Alerts via email, customers who don't want update notifications and so on.

I have spend hours to search for a solution that is easy to maintain and found nothing. A simple option in the user profile to disable notifications would be sufficient for bots and spammers. In addition, the service desk customer should have options in his user profile to fine tune which notifications he wants and which not.

At least, it should be possible to configure customer groups / roles that should not receive notifications.

Thanks,
Dirk

0 votes
Andreas Lärkfeldt March 21, 2021

Yes there is an easy solution.

Disable Jira default Customer notifications and add your own in Automations

In the automation you may set an if/else statement to ignore sending out to specific users (if they are few).

Hope it helps! :)

0 votes
Mike McNamara February 12, 2019

Perhaps edit the notification scheme (you should have one specific for your service desk, not the default) and delete each notification, then add what you need and assign it to a group. Only put users in that group who want notifications. Depending on your number of users, this could be time consuming. You might be able to use established groups if you have them set up. 

0 votes
Z E October 3, 2018

Are there any solution to this? There is a need for customer to manage notifications that he receive. There are customers who do not want to receive any notifications.

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2016

Hi, Natalie. 

Customer notification is available at JIRA Service Desk Cloud. You can't find this notification at JSD Server. But to stop notification for one user... You just can't.

You should talk with the user to create a rule at email to not show notification up at inbox.

Regards,

Lameck.

Ben Bradburn August 23, 2017

Why not? Seems like a really simple thing to enable/disable.

Suggest an answer