How to stop service desk notifications for one user

I have been trying to adjust the notifications one of our customer gets as it is filling their inbox. Is it possible to just change it for one customer? I found an article about going into project settings, but I cannot see a customer notifications option as suggested in the article.

3 answers

Hi, Natalie. 

Customer notification is available at JIRA Service Desk Cloud. You can't find this notification at JSD Server. But to stop notification for one user... You just can't.

You should talk with the user to create a rule at email to not show notification up at inbox.

Regards,

Lameck.

Why not? Seems like a really simple thing to enable/disable.

0 votes
Z E I'm New Here Oct 03, 2018

Are there any solution to this? There is a need for customer to manage notifications that he receive. There are customers who do not want to receive any notifications.

Perhaps edit the notification scheme (you should have one specific for your service desk, not the default) and delete each notification, then add what you need and assign it to a group. Only put users in that group who want notifications. Depending on your number of users, this could be time consuming. You might be able to use established groups if you have them set up. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Jira

How you can achieve compact and easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA( Server)

This approach requires you to have the JIRA administrative rights. The main aim of this article is to help you achieve an organized, easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA instance thereby, reducin...

102 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you