How to stop jira service, check if its been stopped, and start it up again using Cmd Line?

Cloud_NEW November 29, 2017

Hi Support,

How to stop jira service, check if its been stopped, and start it up again using Cmd Line?I want to use Windows Task scheduler and write a batch file to restart service once a week. Is it possible to do it?

Thanks for your great support in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Cloud_NEW November 30, 2017

Hi support,

But my final goal is to auto restart service once a week(not manually stop and start) through Windows Task scheduler,I want to script a batch file to do that,could you advice me any suggestions?Thank you!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

There's an obvious question of "why?" here - for what reason do you want to restart it?  There are good ones, but if it's not a good reason, your time would be better spent fixing the real problem.

Anyway, there is a simple trick - schedule "stop jira" for (say) 1:05 and then "start jira" for 1:10.

Cloud_NEW December 5, 2017

No,It is not what we wanted,thank you!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Cindy,

If you installed JIRA as a service I don't believe you can use the .bat files to start and stop JIRA:

If you installed JIRA as a service, you can Start JIRA Server and Stop JIRA Server from the Windows Start menu. 

You can't start or stop JIRA manually using the start-jira.bat and stop-jira.bat file.

If you did not install as a Service you can start and stop JIRA with the  start/stop-jira.bat files. 

Once you verify that you can start and stop JIRA via the .bat files you can monitor the status in a script using the tasklist command.

Here are a couple resources:

Check if application is running via command line (in Windows)

Tasklist

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer