How to stop Jira Notifications based on type of creating issue?

SRIDHAR December 19, 2012

The following is my scenario

There are 2 ways of creating issues in the repository

1. Importing from a CSV file ( 1000 issues for each import )

2. Creat an issue in regular Jira process i.e create issue link

We need to stop notifications to reporter while importing from csv file because the reporter gets notified for every new issue he creates. However he needs to get a notification while he creates an issue using regular Jira process i.e create issue link.

How can we do this ? Anykind of input will be appreciated to fix this scenario.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

Hello,

You can create a project and set its notification scheme to "none" while importing the data from CSV. After the import, set the notification scheme to the previous one.

You can also disable only the "Issue Created" event on the existing notification scheme while importing and enable it after that.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

SRIDHAR February 3, 2013

When importing the issues from a csv file the issues are assigned to "Project Lead" instead of Default assignee "Unassigned" . I have checked the components Default assignee is Project Default and Default assignee is Unassigned. Is this a bug in Jira 5.2.4 ? Has anyone encountered similiar kind of issue in Jira 5.2.4 ?

SRIDHAR February 4, 2013

I found a solution by adding the following line , while setting the notification scheme to "none"

jira --action updateProject --project "zjiracliX" --defaultAssignee "unassigned" notificationscheme none

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2012

Was thinking of other options that achieve this, and I could only think about this (they are not direct answers):

1. The most practical and easy solution is to use a different user for doing this CSV import.
  2. Take out 'Reporter' from the issue created event as this is practically of no use (if you do not allow changing of Reporter during issue creation).
SRIDHAR February 14, 2013

I am trying to import issues from a CSV file with (1000 issues). I am using runfromCSV to import the issues but i am disabling the notification scheme and making sure the default assignee is Unassigned but i am getting errors. Please help me to solve the following issues .

1. def runJenkinsStep1 = "cmd /c //myJiraInstance/JenkinsHome/userContent/Atlassian/jiraTestAdmin.bat --action updateProject --project $projectKey --notificationScheme \"Disabled Notification Scheme\" --defaultAssignee unassigned "

def runJenkinsStep2 = "cmd /c //myJiraInstance/JenkinsHome/userContent/Atlassian/jiraTest.bat --action runFromCsv --file $sourceFile --propertyFile $propertyLocation --common \"--project $projectKey\" --continue "

def runJenkinsStep3 = "cmd /c //myJiraInstance/JenkinsHome/userContent/Atlassian/jiraTestAdmin.bat --action updateProject --project $projectKey --notificationScheme \"Default Notification Scheme\" --defaultAssignee unassigned "

Error i am getting is : Process Error: Error: Unknown flag 'defaultAssignee'. Error: Unexpected argument: unassigned

2. My CSV file has lot of special characters like ? " " / ' ( ) - . ,

Error i am getting is : Remote error: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException: {summary=The summary is invalid because it contains newline characters.} : []

Suggest an answer