How to stop JIRA timer ticking against an issue when that issue is in certain workflow status?

Ashwin Kupatkar September 7, 2016

Hello All,

I have a certain query-

I have an issue that needs certain inputs in the middle of the sprint it is worked in but due to unavailability of the Person (Customer), the developer will not able to work against an issue and hence no work will be logged against that issue. I want JIRA to prevent ticking for that issue based on my issue status in the active sprint.

This is needed to prevent wrong report in JIRA. Reason being this is  not developer's problem but the customer and hence the blame should not be inflicted on to the developers.

How can it be made possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016
Sunil Muniyal September 12, 2016

Hello Mihai,

Thank you for the response.

The articles shared look to be directing to JIRA Service Desk. However, we are looking out for an option in JIRA Software (Cloud), is there a way to achieve the scenario in that?

Thanks
Sunil M. 

Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

Hello Sunil,

Do you use any addons for this? Like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/plugin.tts/server/overview

Sunil Muniyal September 13, 2016

Hello Mihai,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately will not be able to explore / test the plugin as it is available only for Server edition of JIRA and not cloud. Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks
Sunil M. 

Suggest an answer