How to sort Jira "Favorite filters" in ascending order?

Josée Lavoie February 18, 2021

When saving Favorite filters from Jira all issues, I thought they would be group in alphabetical order or that I could drag and drop in the order I want. But seems like it is not the case. Is there a way to at least have them in ascending order?

Thank you! 

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Madden March 8, 2023

Hi @Josée Lavoie ,  I have a suggestion if your using Jira in the cloud.  With the Filters drop down, there is Starred (favorites) group at the top followed by a Recent.  You can manipulate the order of the starred filters by un-starring them and then starring them back.  After the favorite is unstarred, it should be on the Recent list.  When you star it back again, it will go to the top of the Favorites list.  If you lose it while it's unstarred, click on view all filters and list just your filters,  Hope that works for you.

Marcia Booth August 21, 2023

That is what I have done and a good workaround but not a practical solution if I have to un-star my filters every time I create a new filter and want to move it a couple of places in the menu... hopefully a drag & drop option will be available for this in the product soon.

Like Robert Madden likes this
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2021

Hi @Josée Lavoie  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It appears this feature was suggested in 2011 and marked as "closed; won't fix" in 2019:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-23541

There is another open suggestion to add folder grouping for favorites:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-25386

Best regards,

Bill

Josée Lavoie March 2, 2021

Thank you Bill for taking the time to share this information. :-)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer