How to simplify agent's interface

Katya Godneva December 4, 2017

Hello,

I have a y peculiar request from bussiness. I need to simplify agent's interface as much as possible: can I somehow hide these fields (see the screenwhot attached) from agent's view?

Screenshot_2.png

I am afraid this is rather urgent for our bussiness. So looking forward very much to hearing your ideas! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hello,

Javascript. But it s an ugly solution. Difficult to mantain.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

You can use Jsincluder plugin to add your Javascript there.

If it is Cloud, then it is impossible

It's server, thanks god.

•  Jsincluder - thanks, I am going to look it up!
  • "But it s an ugly solution" - I was afraid so...... How ugly, exactly? What are obvious drawbacks?
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2017

Jsincluder will let you store your JavaScript and link it to create, edit, view, transition screens. But all logic you have to develop yourself. There is JQuery available, that is why if you want to hide an element it would be like this

AJS.$("elementselector").hide()

You can hide not only elements buy whole divs. 

The problem is that 

1. If you want your solution to work for certain browsers, you would need to test your code on all required browsers.

2. You will not find oficial documentation how to make this kind of tuning, which means Altalssian does not support it. As a result there can be complication. I met a couple which were too difficult to overcome because I would need to fix the Atlassian javascript.

3. When you have too much Javascript, it becomes difficult to support the system. And usually Javascript code tends to grow fast.

You case is simple but usually if you begin to tweak Jira with Javascript then it is difficult to stop.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2017

Hmmm. I can not find JsIncluder. I just asked in the russian user group what happened to the plugin.

I see :) Thanks anyway a lot :) 

0 votes

@Alexey Matveev Can you give me a direct link for the plugin on Atlassian Marketplace as well?

Suggest an answer