How to shre Dashboad/Dashboard pages in (Professional Edition, Version: 3.6.5-#161)

Vijay Mahale March 18, 2013

How to shre Dashboad/Dashboard pages in (Professional Edition, Version: 3.6.5-#161)

2 answers

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2013

Hi Vijay,

Sharing a dashboard was introduced to JIRA 3.13 as per https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-2509

Thus, I believe that this feature is not available in JIRA 3.6.5 . By the way, is there any particular reason for not upgrading to recent version yet ?

Earlier we planned to upgrade the same but in between our organisation(CashTech India) firstly took over by Fundtech group and then merged with BankServ hence our priorities got changed. Now we are studying JIRA to use as Project management tool with much more features. I uess PM features are available in latet version of JIRA. Do u have any specific version sugggestion?

Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2013

I definitely recommend the latest version. But, realising the fact that you are currently using version 3.6.5 , I doubt that you can directly upgrade to JIRA 5.x. So, I believe an incremental upgrade is needed. I think you can try incremental upgrade 3.6.5 -> 3.13.x -> 4.4.5 -> 5.x

There are details for each version upgrade and make sure test it out in staging environment first. We have a list of upgrading task for each version at https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=314449542

Thanks a lot. Definitely we will think for incremental upgrade.

Vijay Mahale April 2, 2013

Already I have Accepted the answer still reminder came after so many days. Kindly look into it.

0 votes

Please read as Share instead of shre

Suggest an answer