How to show time tracking (estimated and remaining) of dependent sub-tasks when viewing a story?

rpocklin October 13, 2014

Currently our team breaks stories down into discrete sub-tasks (Scrum methodology).

I cannot find a straight-forward way to see the actual hours (estimated and remaining) for each subtask in a numeric value (the graph is quite nice but only gives a rough indication) when viewing the story itself.  I end up having to open a browser tab-per-subtask to get the values which is annoying.

Is there a way to annotate the progress bars with estimated / remaining hours as a number, or a way to configure these columns to add the fields?  Attached is a screen capture of a subtask in the 'View User Story' screen.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

subtask.png

1 answer

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

Hi, You do not mention JIRA Agile anywhere, so I take it you are not using that? In any case, if you view the story on an Agile Board (plan/work mode), at least the remaining time is shown as a numerical value (and summarized over all the sub tasks). That is not a killer feature for using JIRA Agile, but you should anyway. ;)

Suggest an answer