How to show tickets still in Queue at end of day?

Kevin Board March 3, 2021

So we are using Jira Service Desk or Service Management and it already has great built in reporting that shows created vs resolved each day.  However, I also would like to show how many tickets were in the Queue at the end of the day.  Then I can plot it against the created vs resolved and see what type of trends we are getting.  

I have looked and tried everything but it won't show the trend of tickets left in Queue each day, and if you resolved it eventually 4 days later it gets removed from any JQL that I have gotten to come close.

1 answer

0 votes
Gideon Nolte [Jodocus]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2021

Hi Kevin,

while the "Created vs. Resolved"-Report does not offer that functionality, it comes out of the box with the "Created vs. Resolved"- Dashboard Gadget.

The gadget provides the preference to "Display the Trend of Unresolved". It "Show[s] the number of unresolved issues over time in a subplot."  The result looks like this:

If for some reason the use of a dashboard is impossible or having a daily report to save is required, you could use the "Single Level Group By Report" or the "Pie Chart Report" with the "Statistic Type" set to "Resolution".

These would then - among other things - return the amount of issues for any resolution present in the given filter. This filter could include issues where the resolution is empty. Unfortunately these would only be snapshot that cannot provide a trend since there is not plotting over time. 

Please note, that I would always advice you to go with the first option presented and use a Dashboard gadget for your use-case!

I hope this was helpful. Have a great weekend!

Gideon

Suggest an answer