How to show the key of the subtask in the subtask summary in the parent issue?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Hello,

In a parent issue where there a several subtasks, I really miss the key of the subtasks. I have to click them open to see which key it is about. I have altered this table through General COnfiguratin - Advanced Settings - jira.table.cols.subtasks, but I can't add the key because it doesn't accept the word id of key....

Is this possible or not (hard to find an answer) or can you maybe use Script Runner or something (and if so: what, how...?)

Thank you!

3 answers

2 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Got to Administration / Advanced Settings

Key
jira.table.cols.subtasks
The columns to show when viewing sub-task issues in a table

Select the Values you want to get displayed.

Edit: We use: issuekey, issuetype, resolution, assignee, progress

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Well yes I said that. So I know that and I did that..... As youc an read in my question...

Already have duedate, priority, issuetype, status, assignee, progress, customfield_10404

But as I said: I need the issue key. Don't know the "id-word" for that to fit into my line as mentioned above.....

Like Madhu Mullangi likes this
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Sorry, obviously I only had read the title. We use: issuekey, issuetype, resolution, assignee, progress

Like Deepthi likes this
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Issuekey is the one I needed

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Fine and thanks for voting me up again ;)

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Yeah, you did help me :-) and the -1 is a bit harsh, isn't it :-)

Arkadiy Birger July 12, 2017

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Stephanie Latterman August 10, 2017

Just to clarify for others...

Jira Administration System --> General Configuration --> Advanced Settings --> jira.table.cols.subtasks

Like # people like this
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2017

Yes the above solution is a system level setting available only in Server.

Stephanie Latterman August 10, 2017

It actually is available for Cloud!

PeterN November 13, 2017

Thanks for the additional clarification @Stephanie Latterman

For all German speaking members: 

Konfiguration "System" dann oben rechts der Button  "Erweiterte Einstellungen" und neben dem Wert "jira.table.cols.subtasks" auf den Stift klicken.

Hiermit wird die Nummer der Unteraufgabe auch in der Hauptaufgabe angezeigt.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Aha! issuekey works, but only when I deleted another one... triggered that because my Update-button didn't work, and with other option it gave an error in red.

1 vote
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2015

Hi Vera, Jose

Check out our recently released Issue Matrix plug-in -- it will help displaying not just system fields but any custom field for sub-tasks or linked issues. It also allows for flexible configuration per issue type or project, it has variety or other visual improvements over the default visualization. See more on its functionality here: https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ILV/Concept and let us know in case you need any support.

Thanks,

Peter T

Linked-Big.jpg

Suggest an answer