How to show synchronized time between Jira and useTFS in hours instead of seconds

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

I'm currently integrating Jira and TFS using useTFS. After some initial challenges, things are now moving relatively smoothly.

I have one issue though. The UI in Jira show values related to time in a very userfriendly fashion. Below the deck, time is stored as seconds.

This means that the original estimate, actual work and remaining estimate is synced to TFS as seconds, which makes it a bit difficult. One thing is the readability from Jira > TFS. The other is the sync the other way around. Take a look at the image below how the numbers end up after the sync har completed.

So the question is - how can I fix this and make the two sync more "nicely"?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2014

Thank you Andrzej; I guess we both answered more or less at the same time. One question btw - I have a custom field in TFS with type double: CustomField.ActualWork. This I have set up to sync with timespent in Jira. But this value does not sync. Based on the documentation it seems that this might work, or not :) Any comment?

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2014

I have a feeling I can do this with a Groovy script... I got a hint from this page, all the way to the bottom: https://bitbucket.org/pigsty/usetfs/wiki/Groovy%20expressions.

Suggest an answer