How to show specific text on resolve?

Vanessa Dai August 9, 2017

Hi,  I'm new to JIRA and I have a question on how to display a text notification when finishing a step.  I have enclosed a screen shot, the text area that I would like to have displayed is at the top, re: Resolving an issue indicates that the developers are satisfied the issue is finished.

Any help would be much appreciated!  Thank you!

Vanessaimage.png

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2017

Hi Vanessa,

I can help you get started.  You can install the JIRA Toolkit Plugin and create a custom field that you can drag to the top of the screen and add your message like the directions in How To Add a Message or Field on JIRA Create Issue Screen.  The bit that changes is that you're not adding it to a tab so the panel tag may work there as it shows in the knowledge base's example but it didn't' in my instance when I added it to the screen directly as it is in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.25.22 AM.png

The field will accept HTML tags.  The only thing I can't get working is the background color and the box which I'm sure is more pleasing aesthetically.  I have tried encapsulating it in a <body> and  <div> tag.  I have also tried css in a <head> tag.

Let us know if you come up with the solution to the background color or you figure out another method!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer