How to show multiple filter results on one chart?

John Locke January 30, 2017

I have a filter showing issues with resolve date > due date and I need to show on chart how many percent of all issues is overdued. Seems it should be seemingly easy but I couldn't find a way to achieve it. Does anyone know if it is possible to get such result somehow? Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2017

Create a filter that duplicates the other two, but merged together.  Simplest way is a bracketed OR:

(filter definition 1) or (filter definition 2)

John Locke January 31, 2017

Thank you for quick answer, but I'm still not sure how to get overdued issues percentage from these merged filters and show it on chart. Thank you in advance for any advise.

John Locke January 31, 2017

I have added scripted field to check and mark an issue if it is overdued but this field is not available in Statistics Type in reports. I know that text fields and other uncountable fields are not available in Statistics Type but what about custom fields like scripted field or calculated field. My scripted field can only get Yes or No, so it should be easy to use this information in report or on chart. Is there any way to achieve this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2017

Not with a scripted field.

If you add a standard custom field you can do it.  Use a scripted listener to pick up any event that might change your current scripted field and run the same calculation you're doing in the scripted field to populate that custom field.

John Locke February 6, 2017

Thank you for advise, Nick. My scripted field is based on simple if (issue.resolutionDate > issue.dueDate) then return “Yes”, else “No”. But I couldn’t manage to figure out how to use script listener to make it work. Could you be so kind and give more detailed explanation how to make it work, with some script example? Thank you in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2017

I have this bookmarked as a bit of code to "update a field in a listener"  https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38830904

Suggest an answer