How to show matrix of priority and customer / use customer data from a Tempo Account?

Markus Tollmann July 27, 2014

Hello!

In JIRA we have one project as a Customer Help Desk / Ticket System. Tickets are linked to customers via a custom field "customer". And we use the two dimensional filter gadget to display a matrix of priority and customer in a dashboard ("where's the fire ;-)".

Now I thought that it would be a good idea to replace the customer-dropbox with the Tempo Account - dropbox, just to aggregate the worklogs. It works fine, but ...

... the gadget does not allow the usage of the Tempo Account, my visualization is broken. And I can't search for issues that belong to a certain customer, I only can query by Tempo Account.

So here are my questions:

Is there another gadget that I could use for this purpose? (I didn't found one)

How can I use the customer information that is in a Tempo Account, e.g. copy it to my old field "customer" with a post function?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Markus

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Markus Tollmann August 3, 2014

Hi Susanne,

thanks for your anwer! It helped but is not really what I need: My thoughts are that Tempo already has a customer list and I simply want to use it. But it seems that only the Tempo Custom Field (e.g. Account) can be displayed.

So I removed the matrix gadget from my dashboard, created some new filter and added 4 times the "show filter results gadget" for the different severities. Not pretty, but it works.

Kind regards,

Markus

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2014

Hi Markus,

you can search for Issues that belong to a certain customer by using the JQL Account IN accountsByCustomer("CustomerKey") (see also https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO079/Tempo+JQL+Functions.

The Customer key can be found in the Account Manager (Tempo Administration-> Account Manager). Please note that for the Customers and Categories tabs to be available, you will need to have the Tempo Global Configuration "Manage accounts manually" checked.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

Susanne

Suggest an answer