How to show in a filter the date in which the issue has been transitioned to an status?

Begoña Bonet October 28, 2014

I have a flow with an status "Nuevo Centro Coste".  An issue can reach this status only once in its life.

I need to show the date on which the issue reached the status "Nuevo Centro Coste". Can I do that without creating a new Customfield to store the date?

1 answer

1 vote
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2014

Hi Begoña,

JIRA's issue navigator can only display system/custom fields that contain a specific value for it.

Since what you want here is more like a historic value of when something happened, it will not be possible to display that directly in a filter.

The best approach would be to create a date custom field as you suggested and set it to get the date on a transition.

In order to put the value for already created fields, maybe you could try inserting it directly from in the database.

Custom field values are stored in the customfieldvalue table.

The dates for the status change should be in the changegroup and changeitem tables.

Cheers

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

Agree with Marcus, a second solution would be ato use a scripted field (Scriptrunner) see: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+Fields#ScriptedFields-Showthedateaparticulartransitionfirsthappenedtothisissue

Begoña Bonet October 30, 2014

Thanks! I'll create the customfield to show this information

Suggest an answer