How to show / hide customfield based on customfield select list on create

Deleted user November 15, 2016

Hello! 

Im currently creating a troubleshooting workflow in JIRA and have issues hiding some field that are non require if a certain field is false.

I would like: 

If my customfield_1 = Yes

then customfield_2 would appear on the create screen

Is there anyway to do this?

many thanks, 

Pon

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Hi Pon,

Have you tried to use plugin Dynamic Forms? There are several customfields (Dynamic select, multiselect, cascading select, checkboxes and radiobuttons) which can show/hide other customfields.

Here you can find documentation: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DF/Dynamic+Custom+Fields

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards

Deleted user November 16, 2016

Thank Daniel, 

Dynamic form works well! smile

Varun Sreekumar April 30, 2020

Hi Pon,

We are using dynamic forms, but I did not see the options to hide mandatory fields that have configured in Jira globally.

I am trying to achieve the below.

We have certain mandatory fields in our one of the Project with Issue type "Service Request" 

We have drop down Fields where we have used the dynamic forms as bundled.

Depending upon the value in dropdown field, the corresponding custom field shows on the screen.

Current Scenario:

E.g. Issue type "Service Request" 

If I select the dropdown custom field = A

then it is showing the bundled fields + Mandatory fields (Globally defined in Jira)

bundled fields:

AA

AB

Mandatory fields:

A*

B*

What here am trying to achieve is to hide mandatory fields for one of the value in drop down.

E.g. Issue type "Service Request" 

If I select the dropdown custom field = B

then it should only show

bundled fields:

BA

BB

Mandatory fields:

A*

I need to get rid/hide B*

Please note that we are trying to achieve this using same issue type and on the same screen but entirely depends upon the value we select in the drop down custom field.

I know there is an option to hide and set default values for mandatory fields.

But that is not possible, since it affects all the other values in the dropdown field.

Can you please help ?

0 votes
Deleted user November 15, 2016

Thank you for your answer. 

I kinda found a way to do it via placing html in the description box where The customfield2 would disappear but i cant get it to appear again

0 votes
sjoulaei November 15, 2016

Hi Pon,

The short answer is no. There is no way to update the screens live. They are designed (add/remove fields) and then assigned to the project for specific types of issue.

You can add both fields in. When you create the issue don't fill in the customfield2 is not needed. Then when you view it later, if a custome field doesn't have a value you won't see it on the screen even if you have added it to the screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events