How to show / hide customfield based on customfield select list on create

Hello! 

Im currently creating a troubleshooting workflow in JIRA and have issues hiding some field that are non require if a certain field is false.

I would like: 

If my customfield_1 = Yes

then customfield_2 would appear on the create screen

Is there anyway to do this?

many thanks, 

Pon

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Pon,

Have you tried to use plugin Dynamic Forms? There are several customfields (Dynamic select, multiselect, cascading select, checkboxes and radiobuttons) which can show/hide other customfields.

Here you can find documentation: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DF/Dynamic+Custom+Fields

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards

Thank Daniel, 

Dynamic form works well! smile

Hi Pon,

The short answer is no. There is no way to update the screens live. They are designed (add/remove fields) and then assigned to the project for specific types of issue.

You can add both fields in. When you create the issue don't fill in the customfield2 is not needed. Then when you view it later, if a custome field doesn't have a value you won't see it on the screen even if you have added it to the screen.

Thank you for your answer. 

I kinda found a way to do it via placing html in the description box where The customfield2 would disappear but i cant get it to appear again

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,800 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you