How to show assigned name in rapid board

We're using rapid boards to manage Kanban projects and since we have many columns, it is difficult to see who is assigned to each issue - partly since the avatars are very small, and partly because not everybody has chosen an avatar.

So my question is: is it possible to show the name of the assignee in each issue in the rapid board?

1 answer

Unfortunately, it's not possible to edit any of the display of the cards on the rapid board, and it sounds like Atlassian doesn't intend to allow that in the future: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-4822

"We do not plan to allow the configuration of the card on the Rapid Board (GHS-3922), though we do plan to allow the detail view to be customised to at least include some custom or other fields (GHS-3474). We do not currently have an expected delivery timeframe for that feature."

It really surprises me, because I can think of a few things I'd want to be able to see at a glance, without having to open each story (story points, for example) but I guess it's not going to happen.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,323 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot