How to show an edit issue dialog from my plugin?

Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

I'd like to have a button "Edit Issue" which will show a standard issue editing dialog

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

I've found the answer and would like to share it with the community.

First, the page should depend on

<dependency>com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin:quick-edit-issue</dependency>

If you want to show this dialog from standard search page or view issue page, then this dependency has already been included.

In my case I have a custom page and my own web-resource with my button, so I've just added this dependency to the web-resource.

Second, need to know the ID of the issue. 

And finally, the code:

JIRA.Forms.createEditIssueForm({issueId: issueId}).asDialog({
id: "my-custom-edit-dialog",
}).show();

Harald Ratzberger February 12, 2018

Thank you, I was searching for that for weeks.

Where did you find that? Is there somewhere a documentation ;-)

Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2018

Documentation? Heh, nope, there's very poor documentation.

I've just researched JIRA sources.

Pyi Theim Kyaw November 22, 2021

@Mikhail_Kopylov Can you possibly suggest some resources on how you find out about these? I understand the documentation is poor but I just have to one source of place to find everything I need regarding jira plugin development.

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer