How to show all field types from issues

Fabian Toth July 14, 2013

Hi,

i would like to do the following task:

Lets imagine there are two different issue types -> TypeA and TypeB

In some issues of TypeA there is a field which contains id's from TypeB issues.

Now i want to reuquest all TypeB issues and the perspektive TypeA issues where the ID from the TypeB issue is in.

For Example:

TypeB_1 : TypeA_1, TypeA_4, TypeA_5

TypeB_2 : TypeA_4, TypeA_10

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks & Greetz

2 answers

0 votes
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

Try reading these articles:

Usually, you'll use JqlQueryBuilder and SearchService to accomplish most of your searches in JIRA.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Hi Fabian,

Here is a tutorial that shows you hwo to write a JQL plugin. You can use it to create your own function that does what you are looking for.

https://bitbucket.org/bhushan154/jira-jql-plugin-tutorial

Cheers

Bhushan

Fabian Toth July 14, 2013

Hi Bhushan,

i have now created a empty plugin which can be successfully installed in jira. But i cant see how i can create the functionality i look for. I think i have to implement a iterative construct which runs a JQL query for evey issue from type b. But how can i start jql query within my java code?

Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer