How to show a dialog with selection of assignee after an issue status changing

John Wash November 23, 2016

Hey Gents,

How do I show the dialog with assignee after someone resolves the issue ? I have got amdinistration permissions but I do not know where it can be configured . Thx. 

It's not obvious for me how to edit it using administration permissions Issues > Screens > Issue type screen schemes > Default screen scheme .... I see only order of fields but can not enable a showing of edit dialog with focus on assignee field when someone changes a status from issue details

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2016

It sounds like you want to ask the resolver for a new assignee?

If that's the case, then the best thing to do is edit the workflow.  Go find the "resolve" transition in there, and change it - it has an entry for a "screen" which is a list of fields that will be put in front of the users.  Add a screen in there that has the assignee on it, and save the drafted workflow.  (You probably want to add a new screen for this under admin -> issues -> screens)

it's fo instance when developer resolve an issue and want to assign on exact tester person to verify it 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2016

Ok, good, that's what the "transition screen" stuff is for.

Nic, It's not obvious for me how to edit it using administration permissions Issues > Screens > Issue type screen schemes > Default screen scheme .... I see only order of fields but can not enable a showing of edit dialog with focus on assignee field when someone changes a status from issue details

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2016

As I said, you need to be looking at the workflow.  Not the screens for actions.

Suggest an answer