How to show «Customer Request Type» to the Standard JIRA Create Screen

January 13, 2015

There's a way to show the ServiceDesk field «Customer Request Type» on the standard JIRA create screen?

I've configured the screen and checked the configuration through «Where is my field» but the field isn't available.

image2015-1-14 1:48:21.png

9 answers

1 vote
Nigel Budd _CV_ August 31, 2016

Am still experiencing this annoying problem on JSD 3.1.8.  There does not appear to be a way to get the request type to populate automatically if you create an issue in JIRA, and there is also no way of showing the field on the create/edit forms to get an agent to choose one.

Default outcome is when an issue is created through JIRA to have a nomatch as the request type which then means it doesn't end up in the Portal view.

1 vote
January 13, 2015

I've already done what you suggest. The field is shown on the edit screen but NOT on the create screate.

Using the feature to check the availability of the field  («Where is my field») tell me that the field SHOULD be visible: instead it is not.

Rodolfo January 13, 2015

Please still verify. Are you using the same screen for Edit, View and Create in the Screen Scheme? Can you verify that the field is in all of them if not?

1 vote
Rodolfo January 13, 2015
  1. If you are a JIRA Administrator, go to the Screen section of the Administration -> Issues page and select the screen used by your project when creating issues.
    Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 8.01.49 PM.png
  2. Then add the field "Customer Request Type" to the screen
    Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 8.00.41 PM.png 

NOTE: Make sure that the Customer Request Type field is part of the Field Configuration Scheme used by your project.

0 votes
Tristin February 15, 2019

is there a solution to this??, i am alsoe a clound user and need our agents to select the request type for the customer in situtions where customers call in

0 votes
Maria Ellgren September 22, 2016

I am an agent, as well as an admin, and have the same problem. The Customer Request type does not show on either JIRA create or JIRA edit.

However, once created, if I go to the JSD Queu and there chose the issue, I can chose a Cust Req Type.

This is not good enough, since we need to be able to create and edit via both the Portal and the usual JIRA interface.

Maria Ellgren September 22, 2016

FYI: we are using the cloud solution, and JSD is the only major add-on besides Confluence, Hipchat and Bamboo.

0 votes
Vikki Short September 30, 2015

We are having this same problem. I need to add the "Customer Request Type" to a screen and make it mandatory as we have many instances where the Issue Type is being changed and this changes the "Customer Request Type" to have a "No match" value. In turn, this means that the customer won't see the issue in their Customer Portal and, more importantly, the customer isn't getting notified of any updates made/comments added to the issue (but the Agent adding the comment will assume the Customer is being notified).

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

0 votes
Jon Lawlor January 29, 2015

I'm having this exact same issue. Prior to the 2.2. upgrade, I had a Screen configuration for a Service Desk Project on my Dev environment that included the 'Customer Support Type' field. That worked as expected from the Create or Edit issue screens. After the upgrade, my previous Screen no longer displays the 'Customer Request Type' field, nor will it display on any newly created Screens that incorporate it. Even a Screen with that as the only field does not display it. And, like Giovanni, when I use the "Where's My Field" tool, it indicates that the field should be visible. I am an Admin and have also verified the same behavior for users with the Agent role.

0 votes
Rodolfo January 14, 2015

I have tried it with different types of accounts and it only shows on the View screen, although I have added it to the Create and Edit screens as well. If you are trying to modify this field though, The way to do it is by changing the "Request type" under the "Service Desk request" section of the Issue details page.

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 7.23.13 AM.png

0 votes
Rodolfo January 13, 2015

I'm sorry, I'm reading again your question. The "Customer Request Type" field won't show up in the "Create" screen as it is a JIRA Service Desk system field with special values. What are you trying to accomplish with this?

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

I think it is hidden because you have to be an agent to edit this?

Suggest an answer