How to share project progress with customer in Confluence without sharing all my Jira issues

DmitryB August 27, 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to display issues from 1 project for my customer. He want's to see the status of user stories.

I've connected my JIRA and Confluence using Application links. It works nice, but there is no way for me to limit the access. My customer can create a page, add JIRA macro and access all my JIRA issues via JQL.

The simplest solution was to use a JIRA account which has access to required project only. Unfortunately we have 10 accounts license so I cannot use an account for each project.

I want to use URL patterns in settings of application link to limit the access. I've found that when I use JIRA macro in confluence, it send HTTP requests like this:

/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=filter%20%3D%20%22MIS_CONFLUENCE%22%20&returnMax=true&tempMax=20&field=summary&field=type&field=link&_=1440705715872

It would solve my problem if I could use patern like this:

/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=filter

Unfortunately it doesn't work. When I use it no results found for JIRA macro in Confleunce.

Which URL pattern can I use to limit my cutomer's access?

2 answers

0 votes
DmitryB August 27, 2015

Lets say I have 3 customers and want to share data with each of them. If I use the limited JIRA account, I have to add more and more permissions for it. This way one of my customers can get details of all 3 projects.

Using URL patterns I will be able to set several rules for several filters:

/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=filter="FILTER_FOR_1-ST_PROJECT"
/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=filter="FILTER_FOR_2-ND_PROJECT"
/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=filter="FILTER_FOR_3-RD_PROJECT"

URL patterns work for links like

/rest

but they dont work for my links sad

Does anyone know how can I use URL paterns the way I plan?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2015

The JQL results in that page respects the JIRA Project's permissions so you are on point when you said to create a JIRA Account with limited access to the issues that he needs.

Suggest an answer