How to share dashboard publicly

Ashton Schrage August 17, 2017

I created a dashboard with the two gadgets "Sprint Burndown Gadget" and "Agile Wallboard Gadget". When I go to edit dashboard I set it to share to public and it isn't sharing. I test it by looking at it with another computer while not logged in and can't find the dashboard. I checked someone else's account and they couldn't find it either.

1 answer

0 votes
Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

When you edit the dashboard (logged in as you), does it show "Shared with public" next to Shares?

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 09.22.14.pngWhen you choose the group to share with (the field under this) you need to click the "Add" button to the right, then click Update.

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

Make sure that you also share the filters that power all the gadgets.

Ashton Schrage August 18, 2017

Yes it does and I don't have any filters.

I was actually able to find it I didn't use the search dashboard feature. My problem now is that I have a link to that dashboard as a wallboard and I want the link to be public for anyone to view even people without an account but when you press on the link without an account it comes up with a 401 error.

Is there a way I could make a dummy account and share it to it for the authorization?

Suggest an answer