How to setup a dashboard view with the number of all open tickets seperated by all existing projects

Ralf Klinkert March 16, 2016

3 answers

0 votes
John Pfotzer March 16, 2016

Hi Ralf, yes, a data view is perhaps one of the most popular dashboards I make and get requests for. Simply it is a dashboard the gives the most information. I open as many columns as I can, like: key, summary, priority, reporter, assignee, components, labels, etc. Almost any usable bit of information. Know most things is JIRA evolve with the user. After a few weeks, I ask or offer, is there anything you want to add or remove, I give options. Then on each column you can sort in alphabetical order, so you can show all the issues that "John" is the reporter, or how many issues involve the "label" "Fast Cars". etc.

so when you start your filter that you want to use for your dashboard, just incorporate as much info options as you want.

0 votes
Ralf Klinkert March 16, 2016

Can you explain how to setup this data view?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

Create a dashboard, and add some gadgets is the short answer.

I would start with a filter that returns a list of all the issues that you're interested in ("project in (x, y, z)" for example), save it and then use it on the dashboard in

• A filter statistics gadget, grouped by project
  • A 2d statistics gadget, grouped by two things - project, status, assignee, versions, components and issue type are good choices to start with.
0 votes
John Pfotzer March 16, 2016

One way to do this is to set up a simple "data view" that shows all projects etc. then click on the project column and "sort" the projects".  I hope that may help you out.

Suggest an answer