Is there a way to have SLA's tracked by the assigned agent's time zone?
At the moment, our company has about 3 different time zone's (more to come). What steps can we take to have an SLA tracked by the following:
1. If ticket is "assigned" to an agent, have the SLA tracked only during that agent's timezone.
2. If the ticket is unassigned to a specific agent, have the ticket tracked by the customer's timezone.
3. If the ticket is unassigned and the customer has no "specific" timezone set, have it only be tracked during the business hours of the available time zones.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. As of now, we only seem to have an option to track during a specific time frame and the SLAs are coming out inaccurate.
This is a great question.
The only way I could think of is by using a new single option customfield that tracks the timezone. e.g. Easter, Pactific, etc.
Then based on the selection when the ticket is assigned, you will have to create different Calendars that basically track based on the different timezones, but set them accordingly to the main Jira Timezone you are using. After you do that, then updates your SLAs based on timezone.
- Main timezone is EST and working hours are 9AM-5PM (zone = EST)
- Ticket comes from Pacific , then working hours are 12PM-8PM (zone = PST)
I hope this makes sense.
You will have to manually set it when the ticket is assigned via a transition screen. I don't think jira knows the "time zone" of the user when it's assigned , so I doubt you can use automation.
The problem is that people could assign the tickets via the assignee field and the other "Assign" button.
For the SLA, you will have to start counting at a specific transition when the ticket is assigned, which is when the ticket time zone is set.
I hope this helps, but this is not an ideal solution.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events