How to setup JIRA MySQL Master Slave replication

Wesley September 4, 2017
Here is the scenenario, I want to set up a new JIRA readonly instance in different data center. So I set up a MySQL master-slave  replication. Afetr this is done, I find that all the issues of the new instance which connect to the slave DB canont be viewed. And the LDAP integration also failed.
Before setting up MySQL replication, the new instance is brand new using a trail license. So I want to know what should I do before setting up the master-slave replication and how to make it work?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2017

>I find that all the issues of the new instance which connect to the slave DB canont be viewed

JIRA requires full read/write access to its database, and it requires a full re-index after any change made to the database that does not go through its API.  You can't have a slave database in write mode, and re-indexing your slave JIRA every time the master changes is a non-starter.

In short, what you're trying to do here simply will not work.

By all means, have a slave database replicated from your production, use it for DR (warm standyby), backup, reporting etc.  But you can't run a second JIRA against it.

Suggest an answer