How to setup JIRA MySQL Master Slave replication

Wesley I'm New Here Sep 04, 2017
Here is the scenenario, I want to set up a new JIRA readonly instance in different data center. So I set up a MySQL master-slave  replication. Afetr this is done, I find that all the issues of the new instance which connect to the slave DB canont be viewed. And the LDAP integration also failed.
Before setting up MySQL replication, the new instance is brand new using a trail license. So I want to know what should I do before setting up the master-slave replication and how to make it work?

1 answer

1 vote

>I find that all the issues of the new instance which connect to the slave DB canont be viewed

JIRA requires full read/write access to its database, and it requires a full re-index after any change made to the database that does not go through its API.  You can't have a slave database in write mode, and re-indexing your slave JIRA every time the master changes is a non-starter.

In short, what you're trying to do here simply will not work.

By all means, have a slave database replicated from your production, use it for DR (warm standyby), backup, reporting etc.  But you can't run a second JIRA against it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,323 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot