1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

I've recently set up JIRA with Postgres on Ubuntu from scratch and had no problems.

• Have you tried connecting to the db without JIRA e.g. from console client, etc... ?
  • Have you checked if you have firewall running ?
Mike Wong April 14, 2014

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your reply and I do not have a firewall running and can connect to the db from the console. What version of Ubuntu and Postgres are you running?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Postgres 9.1 and Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS

Mike Wong April 15, 2014

Any other suggestions or things I can check?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2014

check the jira log file for more detailed error, and probably it will reveal specific error rather than just connection refused. Also check if you're able to connect from console client logged as the user which runs jira

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2014

One more thing to check - http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/postgres-allow-remote-access-tcp-connection.html

I know this is for remote users but still might have something to do. And also check the postgres access logs for any errors

Suggest an answer